Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Top bar disappears and some other issues

Top bar disappears and some other issues 5 years 11 months ago #1

• mjrocha
Hello,

I bought your template a couple of days ago, and I've read a lot from this forum and you "read me" files. but I'm having some trouble...

1. With the topbar (positions top-menu and topleft). In mobile views it never shows up and in desktop browsers, it shows, but suddenly vanishes. I've done some testing and found out that the top bar disappears when the window goes below 1025px. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? I'd like to always see that bar.

2. Centering the main menu. Is it possible to center the items in the page, just as you can do with the logo? I've tried using Firebug to test css, but until now, I couldn't find a way to have the menu centered.

3. Another issue with the menu: is it possible to have the last menu item without the vertical bar? It's a separator between menu items but as there is no other item besides the last, I'd like it to not show the separator.

If you need I can provide some print screens.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Regards, Manuel
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Top bar disappears and some other issues 5 years 11 months ago #2

• joomlaplates
Hi there, thanks for reading our instructions.

1.) It depends on the responsive.css and these module positions are hidden by control. You can enable this positions if you delete the hide syntax from the responsive.css

2.) Sorry thats not possible, the menu is always floating left or right. But center is not availabe
3.) The vertical border is always on the right side and its not possibble to delete the border only from last menu item

Top bar disappears and some other issues 5 years 11 months ago #3

• mjrocha
Hi again!
Thank you for the quick reply!

1. I can't seem to find the responsive.css file... can you give me a hand in this? I tried searching in your template folders and in other joomla folders, but that specific file is hiding somewhere I can't see...

Now for the good news:

2. Although you told me it wasn't possible, I managed to get one solution for that one!! As you can see in the picture I'm attaching, the menu is centered. It might become handy to you or others, so i'll post the solution here:

You need to replace contents of file "suckerfish.css". Where it is:
#suckerfish ul {
	margin: 0; /* all lists */
	padding: 0;
	float:left;
}
You have to replace for:
#suckerfish ul {
	margin: 0 auto; /* all lists */
	padding: 0;
	display: table;
}

3. I also managed to find a workaround for hiding the last menu separator. As I couldn't erase it, I added one before the first! Like you also can see in the picture, Now I have both endings of the menu with separators. I added the background in also in previous style (suckerfish ul) and align it to the left.
Attachments:

Top bar disappears and some other issues 5 years 11 months ago #4

• mjrocha
While I'm at it, I'd also like to ask your help on a 4th question:

4. Getting the drop menu to work on mobiles.
I've tried everything written on the other post about this subject but I can't get it to work properly. The menu always appears like normal view and I never see any dropdown box instead of the menu...

So, if you can help me a little bit with the first question and this last, I'd appreciate it a lot.

Thanks in advance,
Manuel

Top bar disappears and some other issues 5 years 11 months ago #5

• joomlaplates
Sorry I was wrong. The "media queries" are based at tablet.css and phone.css. Please search inside of these files and delete the hidden syntax from the topbar. With Firebug you get a quicker answer.

And the menu for dropdown list needs a menu class suffix: [space]mobilemenu.
But this option is listed at the readme file too.

Anyway thanks a lot for the hint with the center menu tip!!

Top bar disappears and some other issues 5 years 11 months ago #6

• mjrocha
Hello again, and thank you for your tips.

Regarding the menu, although I was certain I had the menu class suffix with the [space], I think it went away somehow...

As for the top bar disappearing, with "tablet.css" and "phone.css", I was able to prevent it from hiding.

So, now I think the template/site as it is now, is almost perfect! Can I just ask you for a final help to reach perfection?
In mobile view, the skitter slideshow adjusts the width, but not the height, so all the images become distorted... Can you help me figuring out why and manage to get a solution?

Thanks again for your time and for your template! I'm loving it!

Top bar disappears and some other issues 5 years 11 months ago #7

• mjrocha
Hi again,

Can't you help me with just this final issue I reported in the previous message?

In mobile view, the skitter slideshow adjusts the width, but not the height, so all the images become distorted... Can you help me figuring out why and manage to get a solution?

TIA,
MJRocha

Top bar disappears and some other issues 5 years 11 months ago #8

• mjrocha
Hi again,

I've been waiting for some time now, but still no answer... can't you give me just another help?
I've been trying to find something to achieve this, but no luck until now...

I'd like to have an answer, even if it is just a "no" answer... just to be sure someone has read my posts...

Thanks in advance,
Manuel

Top bar disappears and some other issues 5 years 11 months ago #9

• joomlaplates
The skitter slideshow is not responsive, therefore the height can not be shrink if youre using smaller screen.
But you can make a trick:
Edit the tablet.css or phone.css and add the following syntax to the media queries you like:
#slider {max-width:200px}
Moderators: joomlaplates

Einzelnes Theme ( Download 1 Template)

Das sog. "Einzelne Theme" ist für alle Kunden geeignet die lediglich ein (1) Template benötigen, egal ob kommerziell oder privat genutzt. Sie dürfen das erworbene Template auf einer Joomla Installation produktiv nutzen.

Mitgliedschaft ( Download alle Templates)

Während ihrer Mitgliedschaft ist es ihnen erlaubt alle Templates herunter zu laden und unseren Bestimmungen entsprechend zu nutzen. Nach Ablauf der Mitgliedschaft dürfen sie natürlich alle bereits in Nutzung befindlichen Templates weiter einsetzen. Sie haben jedoch nach Ende ihrer Mitgliedschaft keinen Zugriff mehr auf den Download Bereich und keinen Zugriff mehr auf Updates.

Die Zahlung ist einmalig und ihr Membership läuft automatisch aus, sofern sie es nicht erneuern.

Unsere Mitgliedschaften bieten wir ausschließlich über JoomlaPlates.com an.

Jetzt kaufen