Please always enter the name of the template and the Joomla version and the live URL if available

Wide layout following Perfect template update1.3.5

Wide layout following Perfect template update1.3.5 was created by nfleming

Posted 2 years 5 months ago #29934
Hi, I noticed that there was an update for the Joomla4 compatible Perfect template.

I watched the video on how to save template styles using export function (even though the video was in german and I couldn't understand what was being said - are you able to provide the same video in English, or provide english subtitles option?).

I watched the video on how to update the template file, by downloading, extracting and then installing the new template file.

I noticed that after updating the Perfect template from 1.3.4 to 1.3.5, my customisations were not lost (same logo, colours etc), however the width of the template has changed to full width for the page content, whereas previously it was contained within the central section.

I have two locations running the same site. webcoasttestingjoomla.com is the development environment where I developed and upgraded the website to Joomla 4. Today, before updating the template, I made the site live at stephensframeshop.com.au.

If you compare stephensframeshop.com.au (this layout is correct), with the development site that I have updated the Perfect template to version 1.3.5, you will see that the layout is full width for everything.

Even when I import the json settings previously exported before updating the template, the site at webcoasttestingjoomla.com does not display with correct layout.
What is the matter and how can I fix this?
I don't want to apply the version 1.3.5 Perfect template to the live site until I know how to fix it, or if the template is broken, then a new version is released.

Regards
Nicola

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by joomlaplates on topic Wide layout following Perfect template update1.3.5

Posted 2 years 5 months ago #29935
Hello,
english videos are here
docs.joomdev.com/category/astroid-user-manual/

In the new version of the theme 1.3.5 you have to setup the width in basic settings

Replied by nfleming on topic Wide layout following Perfect template update1.3.5

Posted 2 years 5 months ago #29938
Hi, can you provide a screenshot of width settings, because I cannot find any width settings in the Basic settings of the template style, for Wide or Boxed. The Perfect demo uses wide layout, which is the same as my template options.

Posted 2 years 5 months ago #29940
Can you please help with this?

My Perfect template (version 1.3.5) has template layout set to WIDE (same as Perfect demo), and in the layout, the sections use "Container" to restrict the width to be not full width. However, container seems to be ignored because all content is full width, and there is no "Width" setting in the Template "Basic" options that your instructions refer to.
I can send you login to the development site via private method if you want?

I have attached screenshots of the basic settings, and an example section "toolbar" which contains address/phone/email and should not be full width, but is currently displayed at full width.
Thanks
Nicola
Attachments:

Replied by joomlaplates on topic Wide layout following Perfect template update1.3.5

Posted 2 years 5 months ago #29944
Hello, please update the theme to 1.3.5 and Astroid 2.5.9.
After that clean the cache..Now you should see the theme width settings.

Otherwise you can setup the width with css code
www.joomlaplates.de/joomla-tips-und-tricks/template-breite.html

Posted 2 years 5 months ago #29946
Hi, thanks, I installed Asteroid 2.5.9 and updated the width to 1200px and now the site looks the same as the 'Perfect' demo site.

But why didn't the Asteroid update show up in the Extension Updates list? It is enabled in the Site Updates list (see attached). Do I have to check for Asteroid update manually each time I update the template?

Also, I had great difficulty finding Asteroid 2.5.9 to download. I couldn't find it on your website, and it took me ages to realise that it was included in the template zip file because the folder names are in German and I don't speak German (see attached). Would it be possible to have an english version of the zip file available for download, with appropriate named folders eg Asteroid instead of Sprachdateien?

I thought it was great that the new version of Perfect template was listed in the Extension updates list, but not so great that required Asteroid update was missing of the list (even after refreshing list). Will this be fixed?

Also, will UiKit3 plugin updates be listed in the Extension updates list, or do I have to check these manually?

Thanks,
Nicola
Last Edit:2 years 5 months ago by nfleming
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by nfleming.

Moderators: joomlaplates

Installations-Service

Don´t waste your time, we install your purchased Template
with the "Demo Content" within the next 24 hours.

Buy Now - 59€

Joomlaplates/Theme-Point is not affiliated with or endorsed by Open Source Matters or the Joomla! Project

Copyright © 2022 JoomlaPlates | Professional Joomla Templates with Uikit 3

Disclaimer & Privacy | License