[SOLVED] 2 extensions: Artist Template 1.3.17 and UIkit 3 Gallery Text 1.2.3

• ns
  • ns's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi there.
On my staging site, based on Joomla 5.0.1, I have the template Artist Joomla 1.3.15 and the Astroid Framework 3.0.8.

Joomla 5 tells me that 2 extensions are available: Artist Joomla Template 1.3.17 and Ulkit 3 Gallery Text 1.2.3.
If there is the chance to install them without cancelling my work in progress on my staging site, I would like install them.

I have already downloaded the two packages from the JoomlaPlates site; could you explain how I can install these two extensions without deleting my current site?

What files exactly do I need to install and in what order to install them?

As for the Artist template, maybe I just need to install the "tp_artist.zip" file?

Could you tell me step by step please?
Thanks a lot in advance.
Best regards,
Nicola

by ns
The topic has been locked.
Hi Nicola!
Before you install or change anything, always back up your site first.
Probably with akeeba backup.
And also save the backups locally.
Then you can install the extensions normally using the joomla installation routine.

If you want to update the template, you have to unzip the downloaded file and only install the template_zip.

And always make a backup beforehand!

You can also read everything in the documentation here:

www.joomlaplates.com/documentation.html

BTW:
The current Joomla version is 5.0.2!

JP-Admin
Joomla-Meister im forum.joomla.de
Last Edit:3 months 3 weeks ago by Administrator
Last edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by Administrator.
  • ns
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Hi JP Admin. Thanks for your indications. I installed Joomla 5.0.2 and I backed up my staging site; now, before going on I need your help again.
1.)
I unzipped the "Artist" template package and inside I did not find "template_zip" but several files and folders, including the "Template" folder as depicted in the attached figure. To install version 1.3.17 of the template, without losing my work in progress, should I zip this "Template" folder and then proceed to install it from Joomla 5.0.2?

2.) Can you assure me that the installation won't cause me to lose my current jobs?

3.) After that, should I install the Ulkit 3 Gallery Text 1.2.3?

Please, let me know as soon as possible?
Thanks a lot in advance again.
Nicola
by ns
Attachments:
BTW if you dont use the Gallery Text Module you can uninstall the Modul.

Hi JP Admin. Thanks for your indications. I installed Joomla 5.0.2 and I backed up my staging site; now, before going on I need your help again.
1.)
I unzipped the "Artist" template package and inside I did not find "template_zip" but several files and folders, including the "Template" folder as depicted in the attached figure. To install version 1.3.17 of the template, without losing my work in progress, should I zip this "Template" folder and then proceed to install it from Joomla 5.0.2?

No, just install the file tp_artist.

2.) Can you assure me that the installation won't cause me to lose my current jobs?

No. i can't! If you make a backup beforehand and save it locally, if there is a problem you can restore the page from the backup.

(You should always make a backup before making any changes to the site!).

3.) After that, should I install the Ulkit 3 Gallery Text 1.2.3?

See the post of joomlaplates.

JP-Admin
Joomla-Meister im forum.joomla.de
Last Edit:3 months 3 weeks ago by Administrator
Last edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by Administrator.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ns
  • ns
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Hi,
I installed "tp_artist" (1.3.17). For the moment everything seems fine; however, in the back end it turns out that the version is 1.3.16 and not 1.3.17 as you can see from the attached images. Why?
by ns
Attachments:

Installations-Service

Don´t waste your time, we install your purchased Template
with the "Demo Content" within the next 24 hours.

Buy Now - 59€

Joomlaplates/Theme-Point is not affiliated with or endorsed by Open Source Matters or the Joomla! Project

Copyright © 2022 JoomlaPlates | Professional Joomla Templates with Uikit 3

Disclaimer & Privacy | License