End of Support for Joomla 3 - Forum closed

NID Cookie and German Privacy Policy

NID Cookie and German Privacy Policy was created by abierwolf

Posted 2 years 9 months ago #29506
Hello! The result of running a cookie bot was that my joomla site has a cookie called NID, which seems to come from Google and is used e.g. for Google Maps. I unpublished that module anyway, because i don't need it, but the cookie still shows up in the report. To get a legally compliant privacy policy i need to get rid of that cookie. I couldn't find source code in the module, not even with a deactived system editor (set TinyMCE to None!) . I searched in the plugins too, but couldn't find anything. Since the template Pure uses the Google Map Plugin i am thinking the cookie is coming from that. Yes, it seems to be standard Joomla administration or programming knowledge, but could i get a tip anyway? Because then my site is ready! Thanks in advance!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by joomlaplates on topic NID Cookie and German Privacy Policy

Posted 2 years 8 months ago #29511
Hello, we dont use any plugin to show a map.
Its just the map source code in a module.

Replied by abierwolf on topic NID Cookie and German Privacy Policy

Posted 2 years 8 months ago #29520
Anyway, the cookie bot identifies the NID cookie. That seems to come from google. I tried to search for the google map source code in the module list, but didn't find it. Not even in the module which was titled with "google "or "map". I also switched to source code view but found nothing. In which module would i find the source code for the google maps? Thanks in advance.

Moderators: joomlaplates

Installations-Service

Don´t waste your time, we install your purchased Template
with the "Demo Content" within the next 24 hours.

Buy Now - 59€

Joomlaplates/Theme-Point is not affiliated with or endorsed by Open Source Matters or the Joomla! Project

Copyright © 2022 JoomlaPlates | Professional Joomla Templates with Uikit 3

Disclaimer & Privacy | License