End of Support for Joomla 3 - Forum closed

[SOLVED] Menu styling using CSS

Menu styling using CSS was created by worldwidewillie

Posted 9 years 7 months ago #5775
Hi;

I would like to create an 'accordion sliding menu' which is described/explained in this article but I have no idea where I have to put/manage this code. CSS styling is new for me and I`ve found lots of info using/testing firebug etc. but still no clue how to adapt the menu.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by joomlaplates on topic Menu styling using CSS

Posted 9 years 7 months ago #5776
Want to use the menu for a basic Joomla menu or want to create this menu with your own links?

Replied by worldwidewillie on topic Menu styling using CSS

Posted 9 years 2 months ago #6638
Yes; I want to use my own menu items but the problem is that I have zero experience in CSS Styling and also having trouble to get the typography right. So better for me to practice 'off line' with css styling etc. Tips are more than welcome. I`m using/exploring firebug

Typography:
In Setcard demo the option of 'subtitle possible' in de module title (Sample Lightbox) how to get a subtitle? Can`t find the fix or a proper tutorial how to use the typography.

Lots to learn...

Replied by joomlaplates on topic Menu styling using CSS

Posted 9 years 2 months ago #6640
Sorry, I dont understand your question.
1.) Do you want to create a menu withing the Joomla content?
2.) Or do you want to create the standart Joomla dropdown menu at module position "menu"?

Replied by worldwidewillie on topic Menu styling using CSS

Posted 9 years 2 months ago #6665
I want to change my main menu on my excisting website into a accordion sliding effect with parent items and their subitems. It is described in this article and it`s shown on the scene demo: Theme features - Typography and than clicking on the 'off canvas' menu button.

On the left side the 'off canvas' menu section appears with it`s menu options which slides/hides when clicking on it. (accordeon effect) I would like to have such a menu in my 'full view' website as well in my 'mobile view' website. I know to find the documentation but I can`t figure out where and how to start etc...
Meanwhile I`ve inspected my main menu in firebug and I think that I need to puzzle it out there; in CSS I think?!
Last Edit:9 years 2 months ago by worldwidewillie
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by worldwidewillie.

Replied by worldwidewillie on topic [SOLVED] Menu styling using CSS

Posted 9 years 1 month ago #7011
Problem solved.

Moderators: joomlaplates

Installations-Service

Don´t waste your time, we install your purchased Template
with the "Demo Content" within the next 24 hours.

Buy Now - 59€

Joomlaplates/Theme-Point is not affiliated with or endorsed by Open Source Matters or the Joomla! Project

Copyright © 2022 JoomlaPlates | Professional Joomla Templates with Uikit 3

Disclaimer & Privacy | License