End of Support for Joomla 3 - Forum closed

cannot change favicon.ico in MS internet explorer

cannot change favicon.ico in MS internet explorer was created by leon.jehae

Posted 9 years 5 months ago #5857
Hallo,

I'm using the JP-Ultimate template and cannot change the root/templates/jp-ultimate/favicon.ico file.
That means, when i replace it the icon changes in every browser except the MS internet explorer, there the Joomla icon keeps appearing. Only when i delete the favicon.ico file and don't replace it with anything, the IE-icon appears?

On another template from JoomlaPLates i've read something like to add :
<link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" href="/favicon.ico">
but I don't know in which file?

Furthermore, when i select the protostar template the icon changes also in "Bill Gates his browser" so.........it's a combination of MS IE and the JP-Ultimate template i guess. Of course i deleted constantly the cache of all browsers.

Someone any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by joomlaplates on topic cannot change favicon.ico in MS internet explorer

Posted 9 years 5 months ago #5862
Hi there,
strange thing, but i dont think its a template problem, because the favicon is always included and dont need an extra line:
See image attached.

Attachment favicon.jpg not found

1.) Goto your website
2.) Right click your mouse
3.) Show source code
4.) Click the favicon link as show above
5.) Now you have to see the favicon which is attached to your template
Attachments:

Replied by leon.jehae on topic cannot change favicon.ico in MS internet explorer

Posted 9 years 5 months ago #5874
Hallo,

First of all, thnx for your reply................................
Is still think it's an issue between the template and Bill Gates 's browser.....see the attached image (in yellow).
On the left the source code with Firefox, on the right the source code with IE11, they are equal.

Again, both browsers have cleared cache and reside at the same time on the same machine (windows 8.1)
The site (10.10.10.1/tornanti) resides on an internal webserver, not equal to this local machine.

Stil, the favicon.ico is shown on Opera,Firefox and Chrome but not with IE.......Even at my work, the same situation.
So if you have another suggestion, it's more than welcome.

Best regards,
Leon
Last Edit:9 years 5 months ago by leon.jehae
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by leon.jehae.

Moderators: joomlaplates

Installations-Service

Don´t waste your time, we install your purchased Template
with the "Demo Content" within the next 24 hours.

Buy Now - 59€

Joomlaplates/Theme-Point is not affiliated with or endorsed by Open Source Matters or the Joomla! Project

Copyright © 2022 JoomlaPlates | Professional Joomla Templates with Uikit 3

Disclaimer & Privacy | License