How can I fix the bugged templates?

How can I fix the bugged templates? was created by pippo_jedi

Posted 8 years 3 months ago #11206
Dear Joomlaplates,
I had a 3 month membership till 24 Sep 2015, I downloaded the themes exactly in the time window of

www.joomlaplates.com/forum/important-mes...only-from-15-06-2015

I used my first "website slot" with a warp 6 template so I had no issues at all but now I was going to use my second "website slot" and just found out about the bug, but my membership is expired and I cannot download all the themes I had downloaded at the time.
There is a way for me to get the warp 7 fix I need to get the new website going? (i'm in a bit of a hurry)

Thanks for your time.
Filippo Zolesi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by joomlaplates on topic How can I fix the bugged templates?

Posted 8 years 3 months ago #11208
Which bug do you mean?
Basically you can solve it with updating the Warp framework.
www.joomlaplates.com/support/documentati...e-the-warp-framework

You do not need to have an active membership to use the template furthermore. But you can´t access new templates or updates for current templates if your membership was cancelled.

Replied by pippo_jedi on topic How can I fix the bugged templates?

Posted 8 years 3 months ago #11211
First of all, thank you for your fast answer time! :-)

On Topic:
1) If I download only the newest warp instalment ( .16) and update it when I go to save changes in the templates it does not work properly: the option tab of the template doesn't reload and doesn't seem to save right.
I tried using the .15 version and the option tab works, but it does not save properly.
I update following the instructions on
www.joomlaplates.com/support/documentati...e-the-warp-framework

But the instruction on www.joomlaplates.com/forum/important-mes...only-from-15-06-2015
states that i dont have to update Warp, but i need to upload theme.less, style.less, customizer.json that are NOT shipped with warp, they seem to me to be part of the template proper.

If I got the technical part right then the thing is: It's clear to me that if the fix for this issue that renders all warp7 templates unusable was to be released AFTER my subscription ended I could not ask for it as it's clearly stated in the subscription plan. The problem is the fix was released when I had my subscription active, so I was permitted to download it. Thing is: the only way to know I needed it was to use one of the templates, find the problem, find the forum topic linked above and redownload the templates following the instructions above. There was no alert sent to me by mail saying "if you downloaded a template last week, please download it again there was a mistake in the code".

I stress that I am not asking a new subscription plan, that would allow me to download the new ones also, or "new" updates. I'm just asking if there is a way to get the update I was entitled too have back then but that did not know that I needed because the templates I used in July were warp6 and no one noticed me of the problem on the warp7 templates.

It's a bit of a conundrum, I know... :-\
Can we find a workable solution? :-)

Best regards,
Filippo Zolesi
Last Edit:8 years 3 months ago by pippo_jedi
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by pippo_jedi.

Posted 8 years 3 months ago #11213
First at all,
this bug described here:
is not relevant for your theme.

And which problem or bug do you have exactly on your site?
If you have no issue, you dont have to update anything.

Replied by pippo_jedi on topic How can I fix the bugged templates?

Posted 8 years 3 months ago #11215
Ok, I will explain more on detail the issue I have: I hope you are right. :-)

I'm working on a new website, that is not open to the public. joomla 3.4.8
Upon a fresh install of the joomla system I install a warp7 template using a file downloaded on June 21 2015.
I tried using Rooms template with warp 7.3.6 and another one with same warp version (don't recall which one now, same issue anyway) and encountered this issue.
I installed with no problems, went to template -> option tab to set my chosen options: 20/80 width allocation and red to start setting the template up.
Upon saving the option tab did not reload properly and remained blank. The site layout was messed up with the menù going to the right side of the page.
reloading the template options did bring the option tab up again but the 20/80 option was no more in the sense that the list of layouts was no more available and only "default" was accessible. The site layout looked still messed up.
I tried to update the warp engine. no change, same issue.
I removed the template, cleared the cache of joomla and my browser, re installed the template and updated the warp engine BEFORE doing anything. the issue was the same.
I did the same using version warp 7...15 instead of version 7...16 to no success.

I did this following the instruction about updates of warp, and the notice that maybe there were some issues for warp .16

The only thing that makes sense to me is that the files I downloaded were those affected by the problem reported in

Thank you for your time and kindness. :-)

Posted 8 years 3 months ago #11218
No youre wrong.
Your described issue seem to be a Warp problem and can be fixed with Warp update to > Warp 7.3.16 or Warp 7.3.15.
Maybe you did a mistake while you have updated the Warp framework.
1.) Do not delete or rename any files from your live Template
2.) Copy all files from the Warp Update to your online Template
3.) Now go to the Joomla admin > Template optiions > Compile LESS
4.) Clean the Joomla and Brwoser cache

Moderators: joomlaplates

Installations-Service

Don´t waste your time, we install your purchased Template
with the "Demo Content" within the next 24 hours.

Buy Now - 59€

Joomlaplates/Theme-Point is not affiliated with or endorsed by Open Source Matters or the Joomla! Project

Copyright © 2022 JoomlaPlates | Professional Joomla Templates with Uikit 3

Disclaimer & Privacy | License