End of Support for Joomla 3 - Forum closed

tags / contact page displays blank page

tags / contact page displays blank page was created by luterbach

Posted 8 years 1 month ago #13195
following the update to joomla 3.5.0 i noticed an issue with some pre-existing features - specifically, tag clouds and a menu option for contacts. the tag cloud displays fine but when a link is selected it takes you to a blank page - same with the contact page. the menu item (display contacts in a category) appears as it always has but when selected it also takes you to a blank page. the theme version is jp-sounds 1.0.001 with warp framework 7.3.20.

anyone else having this issue and found a way to resolve / have a suggestion to troubleshoot?

here is a link for the contact page: www.lenluterbach.com/index.php/info/contact
here is one for a tag: www.lenluterbach.com/index.php/component...tag/32-jacques-lacan

thank you!
Last Edit:8 years 1 month ago by luterbach
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by luterbach. Reason: add example web links

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by purzel on topic tags / contact page displays blank page

Posted 8 years 1 month ago #13198
Hi there,
a blank page is mostly a PHP server error.
And please set the "protostar" theme as default and check the URL where the blank page is!

TIP
1.) Delete your System Joomla and Browser Cache
2.) Activate the Joomla error report level > maximum ( see image attached)
3.) And now take a look which error it is at the frontpage.

Attachment error-report.jpg not found

by purzel
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: luterbach

Replied by luterbach on topic tags / contact page displays blank page

Posted 8 years 1 month ago #13200
thank you for taking the time to reply - i really appreciate it. i followed your steps and was able to get some additional information. first, when i changed the default theme to prostar and enabled the error reporting the pages that i linked as examples (in my first post) worked fine. they looked different but they functioned as designed (from what i could see). so with prostar there were no errors (or blank pages). i switched the default theme back to jp-sounds and received the following error on the blank pages:

Fatal error: Call to a member function setState() on boolean in /x/modules/mod_related_items/helper.php on line 44

i'm new to joomla so i went to the "related items" module i had activated for certain pages and turned it off for the contact page. once i did that the page rendered without error. if i disable it completely the tags work as well. you can see the examples posted now seem to work. the related items module is something i'm using for meta keyword matches between articles - it's not critical but it's something nice to have. i've attached what i think is line 44 of helper.php - i'm not sure what exactly i am looking - thoughts?
Attachments:

Replied by joomlaplates on topic tags / contact page displays blank page

Posted 8 years 1 month ago #13201
Hi there,
thanks for informations.
But I think its not a template related problem. It seems to be a problem with the Joomla module ( mod_related_item)
Joomla Tracker > Bugs > issues.joomla.org/tracker/joomla-cms/5418

Please post a screenshot of the error message with protostar enabled?
And did you try to fix your database?

Replied by luterbach on topic tags / contact page displays blank page

Posted 8 years 1 month ago #13202
no errors with the prostar enabled - though i am not sure if it (prostar) calls the module which (i guess) might suggest why it works when disabled in the sounds template. does that make sense?

i'll check out the link and, for now, unless you have anything else you'd want me to collect for troubleshooting, i'll just leave it disabled.

thanks!

Moderators: joomlaplates

Installations-Service

Don´t waste your time, we install your purchased Template
with the "Demo Content" within the next 24 hours.

Buy Now - 59€

Joomlaplates/Theme-Point is not affiliated with or endorsed by Open Source Matters or the Joomla! Project

Copyright © 2022 JoomlaPlates | Professional Joomla Templates with Uikit 3

Disclaimer & Privacy | License