End of Support for Joomla 3 - Forum closed

Problem with Mosaic in Black/White Template

Problem with Mosaic in Black/White Template was created by opitzlein

Posted 4 years 4 months ago #25420
hI!
Can you help me?
If i want to open the mosaic Module, i get the message: 1104 The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay

What can i do to fix this? Site is: www.eyecatcher.at/eyecatcher2020
Thanks
Jörg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by joomlaplates on topic Problem with Mosaic in Black/White Template

Posted 4 years 4 months ago #25431
Hi there,
seems to be an installation issue.
Please deinstall the roksprocket and install it again

Replied by opitzlein on topic Problem with Mosaic in Black/White Template

Posted 4 years 4 months ago #25461
Hi!
This is not the solution.
I deleted all form my server and my database and uploaded the quickstart package one more.
The same message: "1104 The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay"
Whats this?
Attachments:

Replied by joomlaplates on topic Problem with Mosaic in Black/White Template

Posted 4 years 4 months ago #25463
Give me access to your site.
Send me the details via mail or WhatsApp

Replied by meyer@gemos-management.de on topic Problem with Mosaic in Black/White Template

Posted 3 years 10 months ago #27075
The problematic query is the following:
Code:
SELECT a.id, a.title, a.alias, a.introtext, a.`fulltext`, a.catid, a.state, a.access, a.created, a.created_by, a.created_by_alias, a.modified, a.featured, a.language, a.hits, a.publish_up, a.publish_down, a.images, a.urls, a.language, a.metakey, a.metadesc, a.metadata,c.title AS category_title, c.alias AS category_alias,ua.name AS author_name,um.name AS last_modified_by,ROUND(v.rating_sum / v.rating_count, 0) AS rating, v.rating_count as rating_count,vl.title AS access_title,l.title AS language_title FROM #__content as a LEFT JOIN #__categories AS c ON c.id = a.catid LEFT JOIN #__users AS ua ON ua.id = a.created_by LEFT JOIN #__users AS um ON um.id = a.modified_by LEFT JOIN #__content_rating AS v ON a.id = v.content_id LEFT JOIN #__viewlevels AS vl ON a.access = vl.id LEFT JOIN #__languages AS l ON a.language = l.lang_code LEFT JOIN #__contentitem_tag_map AS ct ON ct.content_item_id = a.id LEFT JOIN #__tags AS t ON t.id = ct.tag_id LEFT OUTER JOIN (select rsi.provider_id, rsi.order from #__roksprocket_items as rsi where module_id = 209) rsi on a.id = rsi.provider_id WHERE ((a.access IN(1,1,2,3) AND (a.state != -2)) AND a.id IN (0)) OR ((a.access IN(1,1,2,3) AND (a.state != -2)) AND a.catid IN (91)) GROUP BY id ORDER BY IF(ISNULL(rsi.order),1,0),rsi.order
The exception thrown is:
Code:
JDatabaseExceptionExecuting: The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay in /website_path/libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php:665 Stack trace: #0 /website_path/libraries/joomla/database/driver.php(1701): JDatabaseDriverMysqli->execute() #1 /website_path/components/com_roksprocket/lib/RokSprocket/Provider/AbstarctJoomlaBasedProvider.php(61): JDatabaseDriver->loadObjectList('id') #2 /website_path/components/com_roksprocket/lib/RokSprocket.php(294): RokSprocket_Provider_AbstarctJoomlaBasedProvider->getItems() #3 /website_path/components/com_roksprocket/lib/RokSprocket.php(230): RokSprocket::getItems(Object(RokSprocket_Provider_Joomla), '209', Array, NULL, 'manual', 'after', false, true, Array) #4 /website_path/administrator/components/com_roksprocket/models/module.php(1072): RokSprocket::getItemsWithParams('209', Object(RokCommon_Registry), false, true) #5 /website_path/administrator/components/com_roksprocket/views/module/view.html.php(56): RokSprocketModelModule->getArticles('209', Array) #6 /website_path/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php(672): RokSprocketViewModule->display() #7 /website_path/administrator/components/com_roksprocket/controller.php(77): Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->display() #8 /website_path/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php(710): RokSprocketController->display() #9 /website_path/administrator/components/com_roksprocket/roksprocket.php(28): Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute('') #10 /website_path/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php(402): require_once('/website_path/...') #11 /website_path/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php(377): Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::executeComponent('/website_path/...') #12 /website_path/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php(101): Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent('com_roksprocket') #13 /website_path/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php(159): Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->dispatch() #14 /website_path/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php(196): Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->doExecute() #15 /website_path/administrator/index.php(51): Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute() #16 {main}
The underlying issue in this case will be, that the default for the @@max_join_size variable is not the factory shipped default of 18446744073709551615, but has been altered (probably by the provider, if you don't own the server) to something much lower, like 201326592.

Because of missing indices, MySQL has to retrieve the data from the 10 referenced tables as a cartesian product, which could have the potential to be temporarily larger than @@max_join_size.
To fix this, you can set @@max_join_size to the factory default value of 18446744073709551615:
Code:
set @@max_join_size = 18446744073709551615;
Alternatively, set @@sql_big_selects to 1:
Code:
set @@sql_big_selects = 1;
Executing one of those two statements at any time before the failing query (on the same connection), should be enough.
Last Edit:3 years 10 months ago by meyer@gemos-management.de
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by meyer@gemos-management.de.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joomlaplates

Moderators: joomlaplates

Installations-Service

Don´t waste your time, we install your purchased Template
with the "Demo Content" within the next 24 hours.

Buy Now - 59€

Joomlaplates/Theme-Point is not affiliated with or endorsed by Open Source Matters or the Joomla! Project

Copyright © 2022 JoomlaPlates | Professional Joomla Templates with Uikit 3

Disclaimer & Privacy | License