Please always enter the name of the template and the Joomla version and the live URL if available

[SOLVED] exo2 font and tp travel template

[SOLVED] exo2 font and tp travel template was created by blue_peter

Posted 5 months 1 week ago #33979
hi to all.

i've just made an update to JP TRAVEL template, and i've a little problem with fonts.

i use into the all site EXO 2 font.

with my old site (using Joomla 3, Astroid Framework Version: 3.0.2, Template Version: 1.3.11) all works fine.

after and upgrade (to Joomla 4.4, Astroid Framework Version: 3.0.2, Template Version: 1.3.15) i don't have the possibility to use EXO 2 fonts correctly.
only if a put into CUSTOM.CSS some code, i have the correct situation (like fig. 1)

into the administration section, i can configure the template with the right parameter (name and size ect of the font),
but it seem's that when the template cache is compiled, i have the situation like the other 2 image i have posted, with a semicolon character is added to the name of the font...
(img 2 and img 3)

now, with this new version of my site i'm working in local, but if you have any idea to fix this situation it's very appreciated.

thanks in advance,

Gianpietro

Last Edit:5 months 1 week ago by blue_peter
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 months 1 week ago by blue_peter.
The topic has been locked.

Replied by WM-Loose on topic exo2 font and tp travel template

Posted 5 months 1 week ago #33980
First update to the current astroid plugin 3.0.4. Then the fonts folder should also be here with the local fonts:
media/templates/site/template_name/fonts
Kind regards,
Dirk
Joomlaplates Admin
Joomla-Master in forum.joomla.de/

Replied by blue_peter on topic exo2 font and tp travel template

Posted 5 months 1 week ago #33981
first of all, thanks for your reply

about  your suggestion: i've done the update, but the problem is still here.

i don't understand why if i change the font to anoter google font all works fine, but if i select the EXO 2 font, the name of the font is with the semicolon (and obiusly don't work).

abut the font folder into the folder: why? i prefer the load from google's site... it's wrong?

Gianpetro

First update to the current astroid plugin 3.0.4. Then the fonts folder should also be here with the local fonts:
media/templates/site/template_name/fonts

Replied by joomlaplates on topic exo2 font and tp travel template

Posted 5 months 1 week ago #33982
I dont know what you did! There is no `` in the file and ofc its not supported from file system
The EXO font must look like this, shown in pic below.
Just copy the ttf files to the font folder and use it, like described.

Replied by blue_peter on topic exo2 font and tp travel template

Posted 5 months 1 week ago #33983
thanks for your reply, but...

if i see into the folder MEDIA/TEMPLATES/SITE/TP_TRAVEL/PARAMS into the json file for the configuration i have this name for the font...
Code:
{"desktop":"em","tablet":"em","mobile":"em"},"text_transform":"none"},"h1_typography":"custom","h1_typography_options":{"font_face":"Exo+2:100,200,300,400,500,600,700,800,900,100i,200i,300i,400i,500i,600i,700i,800i,900i","alt_font_face":"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif","font_weight":"300","font_size":

and this is created directly from the template's configuration page.

if i see into the cache file i have (for example):
Code:
.body{font-weight:400;text-transform:none;font-size:16px;letter-spacing:0em;line-height:1.7em;font-family:"'Exo 2'", Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;}

if i edit this file, leaving the semicolon, the result is:

Code:
body{font-weight:400;text-transform:none;font-size:16px;letter-spacing:0em;line-height:1.7em;font-family:"Exo 2", Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;}

and all works fine..

but this is only a workaround, and i don't wnat edit every time the cache file...

may be there's something strange when cache is created?

for me is not the right solution install all the font into a folder on the server... i prefer it's come directly from google fort server...

thanks.
Last Edit:5 months 1 week ago by blue_peter
Last edit: 5 months 1 week ago by blue_peter.

Replied by Administrator on topic exo2 font and tp travel template

Posted 5 months 1 week ago #33984

i prefer it's come directly from google fort server...

Where do you come from?
Maybe this will cause you problems with the GDPR.
That's why you should integrate Google Fonts locally.

Look here:

www.joomlaplates.de/joomla-tips-und-tric...ft-deaktivieren.html

And it works fine!

JP-Admin
Joomla-Meister im forum.joomla.de
Last Edit:5 months 1 week ago by Administrator
Last edit: 5 months 1 week ago by Administrator.
Moderators: joomlaplates

Installations-Service

Don´t waste your time, we install your purchased Template
with the "Demo Content" within the next 24 hours.

Buy Now - 59€

Joomlaplates/Theme-Point is not affiliated with or endorsed by Open Source Matters or the Joomla! Project

Copyright © 2022 JoomlaPlates | Professional Joomla Templates with Uikit 3

Disclaimer & Privacy | License